- ALL TexAnns and Parents must read and abide by the TexAnn Constitution and District guidelines at all times.
2. All TexAnns Must attend all summer camps designated by the director. NO EXCEPTIONS!
3. Both parent and TexAnn must sign a form indicating that they have read and agree to abide by all policies, rules, and regulations set forth in the TexAnn Constitution and all rules and regulations set forth in the CCISD Drill Team handbook (Google Form).
4. Financial Responsibility:
For a new team member, the financial responsibility $2,797. This includes team bag, practice wear, performance wear, team wear, dance shoes, UNIFORM, and camps, etc.
5. Items that team members must buy on their own: Black jazz shoes, black t-back sports bra, black knee pads
Hair accessories, Big/little gifts, Some performance attire, Some practice attire
Cost have increased this year due to inflation. Every effort is made to keep costs down. Donations and participation for our Fall/Spring fundraisers can help offset expenses. Please be prepared for additional expenses to arise during the school year.
6. Payment Schedule: All payments must be made by MONEY ORDER or online payment. Please make money orders out to TexAnns. Payment timeline will be announced at new team meeting. Bring a money order to the new team meeting to make your first payment of $300.00. You must pay off your balance before the first day of summer camp. If you still have a balance during camp, your dancer will not receive her order. No refunds will be given under any circumstances!!
General TexAnns Rules For All Parents To Know
✓ Parent involvement is appreciated and encouraged.
✓ All practices are closed. Parents will be invited for occasional show-offs and team socials.
✓ Performing is a privilege, not a right. TexAnn Dancers will audition for every performance.
✓ We strive for excellence!
✓ If you have a specific concern regarding your dancer or another matter, please email me. or message me on Facebook messenger. Do not post on the group page.
✓ TexAnn Dancers are required by school policy to travel with the team to and from school events, unless a travel form is approved and signed by their principal for varying circumstances. Travel to football games in town will be the responsibility of the parent.
✓ TexAnn Dancers must attend EVERY practice unless a fever is present. If your student is absent due to illness, a parent/guardian must email director and provide a doctor’s note to excuse the absence. Injured TexAnns must still attend.
✓ PARENTS – As the Director, I cannot break the rules for some and not for others; I must stay consistent. I am always willing to work with specific situations; however, I can only bend so far and still be consistent with team rules.
✓ Please read the CCISD Drill Team Guidelines. ALL MEMBERS WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INFRACTIONS OF THOSE RULES ONCE THEY MAKE THE TEAM AFTER AUDITIONS IN January.
***All parents and TexAnns MUST have a Facebook account in order to receive notifications and important day-to-day information. This is a CLOSED and PRIVATE Facebook TexAnn group page. Pictures, dance videos, and practice and performance information is posted daily. This is a vital communication tool for parents and dancers. If you do not have an account, please create a generic account just for TexAnns. All new members and parents will ask to join and will need to answer questions for approval. The page name is W.B. Ray HS Tex-Ann Drill Team
Jan 22nd Mandatory parent/TexAnn Dancer meeting 6:00 PM in small gym – sizing for uniform, team wear, etc. Bring your $300 Money Order.
April – Spring Show – April 22 & 23
June-Officer Camp June 6-9 Houston-MA Dance
June-Home Choreo Camp June 22-24-Date may change to a bit earlier
Late July Dance Summer Practice at RHS
Late July-Travel Camp July 24-27, Galveston, Texas
Early August Summer Training Camp 8AM-5PM
August Summer Practices 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
KEEP LATE JULY/ALL OF AUGUST OPEN FOR SUMMER CAMPS AND REHEARSALS.
OTHER DATES AND EVENTS TO BE ANNOUNCED
*TexAnn Newnews will have practice every Tuesday after school beginning after Nationals in March to prepare for our Spring Show* Additional practices will be added as needed.
Dear TexAnn Dancer Candidate’s Parents,
We are so excited that your student is now a member of the 22-23 TexAnns Dance Team! It is an amazing experience that will teach each team member proper etiquette, dance technique, time management, responsibility, and many other important life lessons. We suggest that you read through the constitution yourself and with your student in order to know what to expect as a team member.
Sincerely, Stacy Tullos Director
Emily Belschner Assistant Director